Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Driving the Duotone Diner

I love the fake return address on this: Darneder Truss is an anagram of "Return Address," 122 is OCT code for R, 116 is N, so the rest of it reads: REturn aDr.Ess re,TURN. So much yes.

Remember that Food Truck Festival poster I made a while back? One of the concepts is back as a sexy two-tone postcard for my Technical Processes class! The entire image is made from nothing more than Pantone Bright Red, Pantone 357 Green, and some various mixes of the two. These colors were picked because they're very common food colors that mix to a nice, healthy brown.

That prominent printing edge makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I'm not totally sure why but I think I'm okay with that.

I've always really liked limited palettes, if for no other reason than because there are only so many ways you can solve it. With total creative freedom, there's always the chance that whatever you do, no matter how brilliant, isn't utilizing the full available potential. This is just simpler. And it's lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment