Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Starting Point Portraits

Let's get some content in here!

Back when I started using Facebook, I didn't want to put my face on the account. So I've got a bunch of profile pictures that I drew for Facebook. Lots of them are really old, and I'm not proud of how lazy some of them are. But yeah, here's that:

Click Pictures for a Larger Image




Concept established: Gray background, orange bubbles, red jacket, black shirt. The lack of nose is due to my inability at the time to draw a nose.
Joined Minecraft, made a skin. And technically, still no nose.
 
Halloween time! Posting these, I'm realizing that the lack-of-nose thing went on for way longer than I remembered.
 
Took a trip to New York on a college visit. And hey, is that a nose I spy under the lack of eyes? 
 
Random art assets! These are from a mural I designed for high school. I'm still not sure why they let me paint it.
Got an internship at Disney, so I modeled this one after the style (and nose) of Aladdin.
Stylization time! This near illegible comic book print commemorates the time I received a pair of mail-order red/blue 3D glasses after a good two months of shipping delay. The excitement was overwhelming.
Got on a bit of a pixel kick. It's a pretty big departure from style, but the facial hair demanded proper representation.
And here we have the dawn of the cover picture. This was my first attempt at getting a profile picture to match up with the cover picture behind it. It was basically just a mess of wireframe heads.


 
At the time of writing, this is my profile picture. It's the only one based on an actual photograph, and was sort of an in-progress asset for a Halloween poster I put together. But that's another post entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment