Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Thousand Miles Apart

Shannon and I have been in a long-term relationship for almost two years now - I live in Kansas, she lives in Utah. We meet every few months, but the distance is still hard to deal with. Video games have had a huge part in our relationship, allowing us to play together even when we can't be together. This is what I did for Valentine's Day this year.

What's this?
That's odd. I could have sworn it was blue a moment ago.
Now it's two kinds of blue! What is this world becoming?
So much blue...

The link goes to a download page for a game I spent the past few sleepless nights making. It features her in Utah and me in Kansas, trying to make it to Colorado (the state between us).

You can download it and give it a try here: http://goo.gl/SEu1Pd

I've included the game's closing cinematic after the jump break for anyone who wants to see the final message without playing the game. For everyone else, spoiler warning and Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment