Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Bit of AMBIT

I posted about this earlier, and now that the deadline has passed and everything is finished I think it's safe to go into more detail about exactly what it is I was working on.

The AMBIT Awards is a ceremony held by the Kansas City Direct Marketing Association to honor individuals and agencies that've achieved excellence in direct marketing. They asked me to design the Call for Entries direct marketing campaign for the event, which I'm choosing to interpret as an honor.

I was given total creative freedom and a set of files and assets from previous years. While it wasn't required, I decided to start from scratch, rebuilding the brand from the ground up. Here's a logo comparison:

It's almost cute how old-timey the logo from two years ago looks.
The old logo (left) and my redesigned logo (right)

The project consisted of two parts, an email and a mailer. The Potato Awards were based off the art I did for the email, and I continued that theme into the mailer. Here's the email.

Electronic mail on an electronic web log.


And here are some scans of the Call for Entries mailer.
 
I am entirely too fond of die cuts.
Entirely...

...too...

...fond.



No comments:

Post a Comment