Sunday, February 3, 2013

Dance Dance Repetition

While we're on the subject of DDR, here's my most recent Facebok cover picture.

First person to correctly guess what song this is wins some sort of respect maybe?

I drew this going off a few static images of the PlayStation version of the game and I didn't really know how to handle the gradient. Each picture I saw had a consistent color throughout, but each image I looked at was different. I wanted to give it a more complete feeling without distracting from the minimalism of it, so I just slapped a rainbow gradient on it and called it good.
I did some more research, and it turns out the way gradients are handled in the game is with a sort of scrolling animation, as you can see below.
 
Apparently every arrow on the screen goes through this animation at the same time, which is why all the screens I looked at had arrows of a uniform gradient. Unfortunately Facebook doesn't support animated .gif, so for the time being at least I'm leaving my cover picture as-is.

Here's a copy of the banner format-ready for Facebook, or whatever else you may want to use it for.

Oh, and happy Superbowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment